Nail File -- OPI Malaga Wine


I first had Malaga Wine on my nails years ago when I got a manicure in Los Angeles and I remember liking the color then. I recently tweeted that this color reminded me of blood more so than wine. It would probably look better on light to medium skin-tones than darker since it is quite dark itself. My only complaint is that even after two coats, it does not apply evenly -- brush strokes gone over more than once will appear darker on the nail than those which have only been covered once. This is an excellent fall to winter season nail color, but darker colors were also seen on Spring 2011 catwalks as is seen here at the YSL show.

Top coat:  MAC Overlacquer
Coats to Opacity:  2+
Days worn before chipping: < 1


photo credit:  olivier claisse/firstVIEW

Previous
Next Post »