Newsworthy: Her Royal Highness -- A Makeup Artist in the Making?


I just read this on Style.com

The newly crowned royal raised eyebrows this month when it was announced that she would be doing her own face-painting for the big day, having successfully pulled off a similar feat for that Mario Testino-lensed engagement photo.

Is it in good form to give kudos to the Duchess of Cambridge?  If so, I think she did an excellent job and I would've never guessed had I not run across this article.  She is an inspiration to all the brides-to-be and brides-past who opt(ed) to do their own wedding day makeup in lieu of hiring an artist!  She has such a timelessness about her and I agree that her makeup choices suited her skin tone and gown beautifully.  My only complaint matches the constant ones I have had in all of her public-appearance photos -- I dislike seeing the waterline-lined on the lower lash line.  I wish she would have either done away with it altogether or lined it completely with a softer shade of liner.  What do you all think?  Are you planning on DIY-ing your wedding day makeup?  Do weigh in!



Previous
Next Post »