Look: MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme -- Prolong


I don't really believe I've finally done it because it seems so sudden...so unbelievable, but I have found my PERFECT RED! When the Pro Longwear Lipcremes first came out, I dismissed them -- much to my chagrin now! They are priced $1.50 more than MAC's other lip colors, but in this case, the extra buck and a half are totally worth it. I do owe some credit, though, to the delightful makeup artist at MAC in Las Vegas for recommending this color to me. The lighting in the store itself didn't totally convince me that I wouldn't end up returning the product, but I decided to just grow a pair and sport the color with a reddish cheek (not the usual pairing of bronzer-y, darker-than-my-skin-tone sculpted cheek that I'd usually do). The results were astonishing! Everyone I came in contact with the day of this look was, and I'm not making this up, extra nice to me in a subtly cheerful kind of way. I had no idea red lips could do such a thing. Albeit mostly male upgraded politeness was expressed, this was the first time I felt comfortable and utterly glowing with confidence wearing RED LIPS! For those of you in search of your perfect red lip, I urge you to keep searching and to continue your search for as long as you've got lips because the feeling of being uncontrollably confident MUST be experienced at least once!





All colors from MAC Cosmetics unless otherwise noted:
Eyes:

*        Allover/Below Highlight – Orb
*        Highlight – Vanilla + Ricepaper
*        Top liner – Inglot AMC #90

Cheeks:
*        Highlight – Accentuate
*        Color – Frankly Scarlet
*        Contour – Sculpt

Lips:
*        Base – MUFE HD Foundation #120
*        Color – Prolong






Previous
Next Post »