Lip Service: Make Up For Ever Rouge Artiste Intense #4


I am so excited to be doing my first review of a product which hails from my favorite makeup brand -- Make Up For Ever. MUFE is known to have long-wearing, pigmented, and many waterproof formulas which make their products SO worth the money. They claim to have "50% more pigment than the traditional lipstick" and after having tried it first hand -- I don't doubt it. Although the finish I tried was a "matte," it became a part of my lips almost like a second-skin and hardly wore off during an entire day that entailed eating hot dogs, a cinnamon bun, and drinking soda from a straw (you may have an inkling to where I was today). To make use of my 15% Sephora Beauty V.I.P. coupon, I decided to make a second trip to try on more lipstick shades. Using MUFE's handy dandy lipstick finder, I fell in love with #4 (Mat4) which is described as a "matte antique pink."  The color is definitely matte and pink, but it is by no means overly drying -- it just doesn't impart any extra moisture or shine to your lips.  Stay tuned for more posts on other products I purchased during my "mini haul."

MUFE Rouge Artiste Intense #4
  • Brand:  MUFE
  • Shade:  Mat4
  • Description:  matte antique pink
  • Price:  $19
  • Availability:  Sephora
Rating:

Formula:       10/10 (excellent, neither cakey nor slippery)
Durability:     10/10 (passes the eating and drinking test with flying colors)
Wearability:  10/10 (an extremely flattering color which gives a pop without being clownish)
Affordability:  5/10 (I would prefer a lower price point, but very little goes a long way to covering the entire  lip)
Safety:           0/10 (non-signer of PETA/Leaping Bunny as not testing on animals; contains Silica & Parfum (fragrance))
____Overall:    70% or C









Previous
Next Post »